Yes! I love classy fashion and Coco Chanel is definitely a pioneer!
I recently watched “Before Coco Chanel” movie and it was fascinating. CoCo Chanel was born Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, August 19, 1883 – January 10 1971. Chanel was credited with liberating women from the constraints of the “corseted silhouette” and popularizing a sportive, casual chic as the feminine standard of style in the post-World War I era.
Some characteristics of her style include:
- Simplicity, elegance and comfort: the key elements of her style
- Black and white: colors she often stuck to
- Nautical: many garments were inspired by sailor and nautical themes and often featured stripes
- Men’s wear: she had an ability to transform men’s wear into elegant and comfortable feminine clothes
- Lots of accessories: large and plentiful fake pearl necklaces were often featured in her outfits
- The little black dress: Chanel has been credited as the ‘inventor’ of this wardrobe staple in 1926
- Focus on style and not trends
Love a good film about fashion!
Thanks for Stopping By
“Live To Inspire”
0 Leave a Comment