This is the time I clean out my closet. During the season of transitioning from Summer to Fall/Winter. I dislike clutter. I like to keep an organized closet. I prefer to have my clothing reachable and easily available in my closet. An over-stuffed closet is overwhelming for me.
I know when we look at our clothes, we think back to wonderful memories or the time the particular outfit was worn. Hey…take a picture and remember the picture! This is my guide to cleaning out my closet.
- Does it fit? Too Small or Too Big? (only ONE motivation weight loss piece allowed)
- Have I worn this in the last 12 months?
- Will I ever wear this again?
- Is this currently in style, and/or does this still accurately represent my style? (As a lover of vintage, I wear vintage according to today’s modern style. This may be tricky for the vintage enthusiast but use your better judgment with vintage pieces)
- If it is damaged in any way? and will I make the effort to get it repaired in the near future?
- If I was it in a store right now, would I buy it?
- And most importantly: Do I feel confident when I wear it and does it look good on me?