1. Pick garments that look like current trends. Majority of designers today use vintage clothing as their inspiration.
2. Accessories. The quickest way to give your vintage look a more modernized look is to add colorful bold pieces such as a necklace and bracelet Use the color that trending for the season. An oversize clutch is always a great touch as well. Colorful bold pieces always pair vintage clothing with decidedly modern.
3. Shoes. This is important! I say modern pointed toe pumps is always a great way to style a vintage garment. I avoid wearing vintage shoes with a vintage ensemble. I love vintage shoes but I rarely go all the way vintage. I’m more of modern day vintage girl.
3. Modern Style Hair and makeup. Hair and makeup makes a big difference in the appearance when wearing vintage garments. This helps balance out something new with something old.
4. Mixing it up. You can wear a vintage blouse with a pair of torn up jeans. You can mix your separates. I think mixing vintage and new separates is probably the easiest way of beginning to work vintage into your wardrobe.
5. The right fit. We love it but doesn’t mean you have to wear it. Vintage garments as well as any garment has to be specific to your body type. Know your body time and what fit you well. Choosing the right vintage piece for your body type makes a difference in the appearance.